Leadership development is an essential aspect of our work, especially in the communities and congregations we are connected with. CTC internships are a vital part of this, by allowing young people from a range of Christian and socio-economic backgrounds to explore how faith impacts public life.
CTC Summer Internship
This is a four week programme offering training in church-based community organising, theological reflection and spiritual exploration.
This is a challenging but rewarding programme where interns are encouraged to explore how churches and Christians can act for justice, mercy and faith sharing through community engagement.
You will be placed in East London churches that are members of Citizens UK or committed to exploring community organising on the CTC Congregational Development programme.
– We welcome all applicants aged 19 and over from all parts of the world and from all Christian backgrounds.
– The internship includes community organising training, spiritual accompaniment and experiential learning.
– We have established links with Anglican churches and are keen for applicants from Roman Catholic, Pentecostal and Baptist traditions as well as independent congregations.
Applications for the 2018 internship are not yet open – contact email@example.com to express your interest
Buxton Leadership Programme
This year-long programme is a unique opportunity to experience life in and around Westminster alongside church-based community organising. Interns will have the chance to explore the role of faith in public life both on a national level and at the grassroots. Successful applicants will work as community organisers in local churches on a range of campaigns and concerns. They will also spend part of their placement in a political organisation or Parliamentary office.
• We welcome applicants who have graduated from University from all parts of the UK and from all Christian backgrounds.
• The next programme runs from September 2018 – July 2019
• The programme includes regular seminars, training and personal development input throughout the year
• Buxton Interns are paid at the London Living Wage
Applications will be open from the end of November 2017 to February 2018. More information on the programme and details of how to apply are here.
The Community of St George
This year, CTC is engaging in an exciting experiment. The Community of St George – a group of lay people drawn from different denominations and traditions, will live in the Rectory of the Parish of St George-in-the-East in Shadwell. They will engage in a common life of worship and of mission in one of the most deprived and diverse neighbourhoods in London.
For more information click here.
.Seminars and Workshops
Throughout the year CTC organises day events, seminars and conferences for Christian leaders from a range of denominations to learn, reflect and share together. These may include talks by our friends and partners on relevant topics around faith and public life. We organise seminars and conduct training which equips leaders working in challenging areas such as interfaith, new denominations, or on specific policy areas.
We are occasionally visited by international guests involved in similar work abroad. Our planned visits can last up to three days explaining the purpose and work of CTC, what community organising is, and exploring possibilities for collaboration in future.