Leadership development is an essential aspect of our work, especially in the communities and congregations we are connected with. CTC internships are a vital part of this, by allowing young people from a range of Christian and socio-economic backgrounds to explore how faith impacts public life.
CTC Summer Internship
This is a four week programme offering training in church-based community organising, theological reflection and spiritual exploration. This is a challenging but rewarding programme where interns are encouraged to explore how churches and Christians can act for justice, mercy and faith sharing through community engagement. Interns will be placed in local churches that are active Citizens UK members in various boroughs in the east and south-east of London.
• We welcome all applicants aged 19 and over from all parts of the world and from all Christian backgrounds.
• The 2016 programme will run from Sunday 26th June – Sunday 24th July 2016
• We have established links with Anglican churches and are keen for applicants from Roman Catholic, Pentecostal and Baptist traditions as well as independent congregations.
Buxton Leadership Programme
This year-long programme is a unique opportunity to experience life in and around Westminster alongside church-based community organising. Interns will have the chance to explore the role of faith in public life both on a national level and at the grassroots. Successful applicants will work as community organisers in local churches on a range of campaigns and concerns. They will also spend part of their placement working for a political party, MP or peer.
• We welcome applicants who have graduated from University from all parts of the UK and from all Christian backgrounds.
• The programme runs from September 2016 – July 2017
• The programme includes regular seminars, training and personal development input throughout the year
• Buxton Interns are paid at the London Living Wage
For more information on the programme and how to apply, please click here
The Community of St George
This year, CTC is engaging in an exciting experiment. The Community of St George – a group of lay people drawn from different denominations and traditions, will live in the Rectory of the Parish of St George-in-the-East in Shadwell. They will engage in a common life of worship and of mission in one of the most deprived and diverse neighbourhoods in London.
For more information click here.
.Seminars and Workshops
Throughout the year CTC organises day events, seminars and conferences for Christian leaders from a range of denominations to learn, reflect and share together. These may include talks by our friends and partners on relevant topics around faith and public life. We organise seminars and conduct training which equips leaders working in challenging areas such as interfaith, new denominations, or on specific policy areas.
We are occasionally visited by international guests involved in similar work abroad. Our planned visits can last up to three days explaining the purpose and work of CTC, what community organising is, and exploring possibilities for collaboration in future.